ABOUT US

OAKWOOD BANK

The past and present culture of the Oakwood Bank expresses its principal shareholders’ focus on maintaining a strong and secure independent bank in west central Wisconsin where it is exposed to significant outside banking competition. To assure its independence, the Bank will continue to maintain a strong capital ratio.

Bendik M. Sletteland organized the Oakwood Bank in 1919. His son, Oscar B. Sletteland, quickly distinguished himself as an agricultural banker and guided the Bank through the Great Depression. His insistence on maintaining a strong capital base remains a tenet we will not violate. The Sletteland family owned the bank until September 2018. PF Investors, Inc., led by long-term President William Debruyckere (area native), completed the acquisition of PFSB.  In November of 2018, the Bank’s name was changed to better align with our future goals and build our brand.

Our management’s policy is to reach out beyond the Bank’s immediate community such that it’s trade area now encompasses multiple states. The Bank offers individual attention and value-priced services to its customers. Today, the Bank seeks to expand its customer base within a 75-mile radius of our 4 locations by personal solicitation and customer referrals.

Our focus is on obtaining knowledgeable, credit-worthy customers who are attracted by individual attention and continuity of service. 

A Bank Built on Time-Honored Values

In the ever-changing landscape of financial service, if you are looking for a bank that offers face-to-face services and fast, honest decisions, then perhaps it is time to consider a switch to the Oakwood Bank with locations in Augusta, Eau Claire, Pigeon Falls and Whitehall.

We will personally serve our customers and our presence will benefit our communities and surrounding trade territories.